Policies & Expectations
- If a student misses more than 50% of the school day, they may not be permitted to attend rehearsal or performance that evening.
- SHOW WEEKS: If a student misses more than 50% of the last school day of the week, they may not be permitted to perform at any weekend performances.
- SCHOOL MATINEES: If a student misses any part of a school day that includes a school matinee, they may not be permitted to perform at the next performance.
- If a student is absent from school due to illness, they need to email Mr. Hastings at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon.
- If a student has to go home from school due to illness, the student or parent should notify Mr. Hastings before the start of rehearsal.
- STUDENTS are asked to list all rehearsal conflicts in this application. (The REHEARSAL CALENDAR is on the OLATHE SOUTH THEARE WEBSITE. This includes a PDF, Google Calendar Link, and iCal Link.)
- PARENTS are asked to check and confirm all rehearsal conflicts listed by their student on this application. (The REHEARSAL CALENDAR is on the OLATHE SOUTH THEARE WEBSITE. This includes a PDF, Google Calendar Link, and iCal Link.)
- PRIVATE LESSONS, DANCE CLASSES, REHEARSALS FOR OTHER EVENTS, DRIVER' ED, NIGHT SCHOOL, and JOBS are NOT acceptable conflicts. OLATHE SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMANCES (such as choir, band, orchestra, drill team, or cheerleading) will be excused, but must be listed with specific dates and times.
- DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENTS must be listed at this time.
- CASTING DECISIONS are often BASED ON AVAILABILITY of student to rehearse..
- PRIORITY is often GIVEN TO STUDENTS with FEW or NO CONFLICTS.
- IF A STUDENT HAS ADDITIONAL CONFLICTS LISTED AT A LATER TIME, THEY MAY BE REPLACED IN THE SHOW.
- There can be NO CONFLICTS the SATURDAY PRIOR TO THE SHOW OR DURING SHOW WEEK.
- If a student misses a rehearsal, without informing the director by 2:50pm, they may lose their role in the show.
- ONLY CONFLICTS LISTED AT THIS TIME WILL BE CONSIDERED EXCUSED.
- Be Prompt - Students are expected to sign in at the dressing room door prior to the start of all rehearsals, as well as the posted call times for performances.
- Be Prepared - Students are expected to bring their script and a pencil to every rehearsal. All cast members must have their lines, blocking, vocal parts, and choreography memorized by the designated due dates.
- Be Respectful - Students are expected to be respectful of their peers, our staff, the theatre department, and the school.
- Follow School Rules - Students are expected to follow all school rules as found on the Olathe South High School website.
- Students are required to provide their own THEATRICAL MAKEUP KIT. These typically cost about $25 and can be purchased online or at local theatrical supply stores.
- Students are required to provide their own APPROPRIATE DANCE SHOES AS SPECIFIED BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER or COSTUMER. Not all shows require special dance shoes. Cost varies for dance shoes.This is typically for character, jazz, ballet, or tap shoes.
- Students will have the OPTION of purchasing a show T-SHIRT for $15 or a HOODIE for $30.
- Students will have the OPTION of participating in the “BREAK-A-LEG” BUDDY GIFT EXCHANGE the week of the show. The gift limit is $5, but homemade gifts are the most meaningful.