Students will work in small groups to produce their short play. This activity will be done using all elements of theatre. The requirements are as follows:
- Each group will produce all of the plays written by the students in their group.
- All members must be involved in the production of each play; either as an actor or technician.
- All characters must be costumed in a similar way to how the writer wanted the character to dress for the role.
- All plays must use theatrical lighting.
- All plays must use at least one song. Sound effects are encouraged, but they must be played through the sound system in the theatre.
- All plays must "design" a set that can be assembled from items found in the theatrical spaces.
- All plays need to have at least one prop.
- Plays need to run 10 minutes or less.
- Actors do not have to memorize lines, but the script must be used for the show. Voice overs or prerecorded voices are permitted.
- There is no director for the plays. The group will work together to produce this production.
- The objective is to play with all elements of theatre to produce a story.